We are pleased that you are interested in the Habitat for Humanity of Northern Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties program. We are an ecumenical program, based on Christian principles. Once you have ready the information below, an application form may be obtained using the link to the left in the navigation bar. Or for more information email, email@example.com.Download Application
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when considering your application:
- The home for which you are applying is a basic practical structure.
- This application will be reviewed by the Family Selection Committee.
- Families will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Residence and/or employment in Warren, Washington or northern Saratoga Counties.
- Present living quarters are substandard. “Examples of inadequate housing include but are not limited to no indoor plumbing, leaks in roof, inadequate heating, overcrowding (3 or more per bedroom), children of different genders sharing a bedroom, unsafe or unsanitary conditions, or not handicapped accessible.”
- Meet HABITAT financial guidelines.
- Exhibited willingness to partner with the program.
If you apply as a potential HABITAT homeowner, you will be required to submit a credit report with the application. You can get one through www.annualcreditreport.com.
Those families meeting HABITAT’s criteria as potential homeowners will be personally interviewed in their present living quarters.
Each family is also expected to provide 500 hours of volunteer labor (sweat equity), defined on the Sweat Equity Requirements page.
If you are selected, you will be required to have saved a specified amount of money to cover closing costs on your HABITAT home (approximately $2,500).
You will purchase the house at cost and it will be financed with a no-interest mortgage. Habitat will provide a schedule of monthly payments that will include a principal amount, insurance premiums and property taxes. Most mortgages are for 30 years. Total monthly payments are expected to be under $800.00 per month.
Please respond to the attached application accurately and completely. It is necessary to obtain this information from you to determine eligibility for the program. Applications are not complete and cannot be considered for approval until all items are provided.
If you have any questions, or need assistance in completing the application, email us, or please call 793-7484 and leave a message.
When you have completed the application, please return it to: