- The Construction Committee, led by Matt, has been hard at work to secure permits, approvals, plans, quotes, and materials to start building Maria’s house.
- The job site trailer is being inventoried and stocked with tools and supplies for the build.
- We’d like to introduce and welcome Adam Sipe and Brian Sipe from Sipe N Sons Contracting.
Adam and Brian will serve as our construction managers for this build. Their experience and work ethic will result in a positive experience for our partner family and our volunteers. Adam will be writing weekly blog entries to keep everyone updated as we proceed through the build.
- Pete Diedeich of PCD Construction is on board once again as our excavation contractor. He has started the basement excavation and will be also putting in the driveway.
- Thanks to Cascades Tissue. We welcome them back after a very fruitful partnership last year.
- Our first work donation comes from Gallup Concrete. They have volunteered to form and pour the concrete foundation for the house. This specialty work is in good hands with their expertise.
What’s Coming Up
- Planning for our Ground Breaking event is underway. Watch our Facebook page for an announcement.
- Once the foundation has been poured, we’ll be ready for volunteers to help us build the remainder of the house, starting with the floor system. We’ll be working each Saturday from 8:30 to 3:00. Watch our website and our Facebook page for updates.