Progress on Ethel and John’s house continues with finishes and fixtures.
Just before Thanksgiving we accomplished tasks like installing a new front door and completing railings for the porches
New underlayment was added to the kitchen, hall and bathooms in preparation for new vinyl flooring. The new vinyl wood plank flooring was installed last week and looks fantastic. The new floor and paint has started the transformation to a completed home.
John and Ethel continued their contributions to the house by doing a final rake around the house to neaten up outside.
Inside, wall patching has been completed and painting has begun.
|Jim and Keith paint the main bathroom.|
|Liz paints the hall ceiling|
Dave, a new member of our Construction Committee, installs a new electric outlet.
Dave also installed and connected the sink in the main bathroom.
|Matt patches trim that we’re re-using instead of replacing.|
- Thanks to John Stranahan and American Tree Company. They donated services to remove a dead tree and some overhanging limbs near the house.
- We continue painting the walls and ceiling.
- The upper kitchen cabinets will be installed.
- The bathroom fixtures will be installed.
- Door and trim work begins.